Friday, February 10, 2006

some promo feedback



Returned after a week away in lovely, snowy Avoriaz to find four identical little envelopes waiting for me, addressed in my own handwriting. They were replies to the promos I'd sent out to London publishers, all four saying in effect "thanks, but no thanks".

One art director replied saying they'll keep my samples on file and another filled in the response page saying she thinks my style is more suited to educational publishers than trade ones, which is useful to hear.

So I'm assuming the remaining seven samples are all on noticeboards being gazed at lovingly by art directors all over the city as I haven't received any more returns (yet).

Got to think positive! Now to find a long list of educational publishers addresses...

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

Hi Becky, glad to hear you din't break anything! Have you sent anything off to Oxford Uni Press educational dept, they have the 'Reading Tree' which has hundreds of titles and would suit your style.

G :)

Monday, 20 February, 2006  
Blogger Becky said...

Hi Gretel, its good to hear from you and thanks for the OUP suggestion. I haven't sent them anything for years, so I'll certainly send them something now. Thanks again.

Monday, 20 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home