Monday, January 23, 2006

One more promotional piece and last Friday's school visit



I decided to use a Rainbow frogs illustration as another promo piece and I've printed out a little heap of them ready to send out. Unfortunately this gobbled up all my cyan and magenta printer ink and has prevented the printing of any letters to accompany them, oops. Hopefully, the new ink is winging it's way to me now and so there will only be a small hiccup in proceedings.

Last Friday's visit to St. Peters' school went very well, Tamsyn asked some well-timed questions when I dried up a bit in front of a sea of attentive little faces and the audience also had some prepared questions. One little boy asked "how did you colour inside the lines so beautifully?" and later in the day he told me my Halloween book was his favourite, because he really liked the way I'd drawn the vampire's teeth. Aaw, needless to say I think he's a little hero.

I was also asked "how did you stick the little plastic frogs on?" which is a fair question.

The children seemed to like learning about the process of illustration and then copying my hastily drawn frog picture later in the day. Although one small girl groaned "oh no, not again!" when Tamsyn announced the plan, I'm pleased to report she drew a great little frog with huge eyes and multi-coloured legs.

I really enjoyed my time with Class 2 and stayed for the whole day, joining in with their lessons, helping them to read through their 'key words' and then attending the hour-long 'Fizzy Disco' in the evening too, where my new little friends danced to the conga and played musical bumps in their best party clothes.

So, all in all, a pretty successful first school visit I think. I need to come up with more of a presentation, tying together all the different elements I'd brought along: the art direction, roughs, copies of artwork and the final books etc but that can all be worked on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, 12 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home