Monday, January 16, 2006

Tuppleballs and Chubbawubs, not to mention Twizzlewillies

My second set of books were all written by Cathy Drinkwater Better, who must be very proud of such a great name.

Rachael Phillips and I worked on these illustrations together for very long days, all the paintings lay along her huge kitchen table jostling for space with the remnants of innumerable sarnies and cups of tea.

Once my pencil roughs were approved, I drew them on watercolour paper and handed them to Rach, who painted them and returned them so I could add the black ink outlines. After four books worth of tuppleballs, polydactyls, twizzlewillies and chubbawubs, I think we went a wee bit barmy. It was all good fun though and I was certainly disappointed to discover very few, if any, of these books were published and distributed due to a lack of funds somewhere along the line.


The Cuddly Beasties
Originally uploaded by Beck W.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home