Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Life drawing - 6th Nov.

The life drawing session on Monday was packed full so I'll be arriving early next time to claim an easel and a decent spot. I started the session sitting in a chair at the edge of the room trying to keep out of the way of the increasingly annoyed huffing puffing man in front who obviously liked to step back three or four large paces after each stab at his paper with the charcoal.



To placate the huffingpuffing man, I squeezed through a gap in the wall of students to sit on the floor and gaze up the very tall model, but not too close of course, didn't want to make her uncomfortable or indeed, to see too much. We were total strangers after all!

I'm sure there's a proper etiquette for life drawing including: try to give everyone enough space to step back from their work, don't make eye contact with the model and most importantly, huffingpuffing man, please try not to break wind and disrupt the silent atmosphere of concentration.



And to any life models out there, please put on some clothes before wandering around to look at everyone's work and make general chit chat!

I'd folded over the large sheets of paper to make them easier to hold, and didn't spray them with fixative (or plain ol' hairspray) til I got back so when opened up, the folded paper revealed a nice ghostly print of each sketch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Thanks Julia, I prune out the freakishly deformed 'orrible sketches and only post the better ones of course...

Think I'll try working on folded paper again, it's very nice to get two pics done for the price of one!

Wednesday, 08 November, 2006  
Blogger natural attrill said...

I agree, I like the ghost print.
Penny.

Wednesday, 08 November, 2006  
Blogger Sara Garrard said...

I always admire your life drawings Becky, they're grrrrreat!

Monday, 13 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home