Monday, June 12, 2006

Lifedrawing



Last Tuesday I went along to my first lifedrawing class since about 1998 and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite my rustiness.

Great fun to be messing about with sticks of charcoal again, capturing poses and gestures only held for 30 seconds or 5 minutes at a time, there were some longer poses of 20 and 25 minutes too. Perfect.

During the break, when most people went off for a drink, we had a nosy around at everyone else's drawings, and I recognised the work of at least one or two bloggers I read regularly.

I definitely need more practise, so I'll be going back for more soon.



2 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

I really like that first picture of the quick poses, when the brain has to work really quickly, and there's no time to fart about with detail - I miss life drawing classes...

Sunday, 18 June, 2006  
Blogger Becky said...

Thanks, you're right, the short sharp warm up sketches are the most enjoyable, and the most challenging too!

There was another class yesterday, with a great model who kept scrunching herself up into the most unlikely positions, it meant we had to really concentrate on drawing exactly what we saw instead of being able to invent bits.

Bloomin' tricky! Good fun though of course.

Could you bribe your Andy to pose for you? :¬)

Tuesday, 20 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home