Thursday, May 18, 2006

Trit-Trot, Smickle-Smockle

I'm waiting for feedback on thumbnails sketches for a children's book at the moment, and it all has to be kept under my hat until the publisher gives me permission to discuss it, so in the meantime here's another of yesterday's finds.

I used to love Enid Blyton stories when I was little and these Chimney Corner Stories were probably read to me many times, it's full of tales of Trit-Trot the Pony, Dame Tiptap, Tell-Tale Tippy, Winkle-Pip the Gnome and the Disagreeable Monkey.

I'd forgotten how often the naughty characters are punished at the end of stories though, poor little Tell-Tale Tippy gets whalloped by a magic walking stick each time he has a bit of a gossip and god knows what happens to the Disagreeable Monkey, haven't reread that one just yet.

There are no illustration credits to be found in this book at all, I wonder who drew these lovely little well behaved children and their helpful toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home