Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"This picture makes me happy" said Little Bear



Earlier today, on the way back from feeding Bitey, a friend's tubby tabby, I saw two jolly builders sitting in a front garden offering free books to passers by, exclaiming they'd already read them all and couldn't bear to throw them away.

I couldn't resist looking through the boxes, amongst the diaries from 1986 and the large print war stories were some lovely little children's books including this great one illustrated by Maurice Sendak.


I know how you feel Little Bear, the picture makes me happy too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

Oh yes...did you only get one book? I would have dragged the whole lot home single handledly. Poor little orphans.

Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  
Blogger Becky said...

No no, not just the one, I came away with quite an armful really. I walked past them again this morning and the remaining books had obviously been left out all night in the rain, poor things!

Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home